Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SOLO Thinking

Good afternoon,

Well, the drugs the doctor has given me are working much quicker than I had expected them to, so, yep, I'll be back on deck tomorrow. Yay!

In the meantime, I've been trying to get my head around this SOLO taxonomy that I was introduced to in Wellington, and how we can use it to teach Sacrament...



SOLO Taxonomy

Here are a couple of video clips from here that I've been watching to get my head around SOLO.

Note, the context of these clips happen to be university courses, but the focus is just the same as mine - how people (big and little) learn stuff, and how to best teach them.



...and also Part 1, which is only really context for Part 2 above.


I like the idea that the children can fairly easily identify where they are, and what they need to do to get to the next level in their thinking. Using those key words associated with each of the stages I think is the thing.

Thankfully Liz went to the same seminar and has begun adapting the Sacrament unit plan we got from there.

So...we'll see.

Mr Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment